If you are a young professional in York then Make-York is for you. Formed in 2009 we hold a range of relaxed, informal networking events, as well as breakfast and evening events featuring relevant speakers. We regularly attract between 50 and 100 young professionals.
We want to make a difference. To you, your career and our city. So please also take time to let us know how we can do this through our survey of young professionals.
Feel free to drop us an email or just pop along to the next event.
Also, if you have news of relevance to our membership of young professionals, please also send that to us by email.
As part of York Professionals, Make-York is a network of young York professionals with the following aims:
- To support young professionals in York through events, networking and informal meets where ideas, contacts and experiences can be shared.
- To ensure that the contribution young York professionals make to the city and wider region is recognised at all levels.
- To actively lobby and fundraise on economic, cultural, environmental and social issues to ensure York is seen as a highly desirable city for young professionals to live and work in.
Aviva Pride, the business's LGBT employee network, is to promote equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and... read all
Make York meet at York Cocoa House for the first event of 2013. read all
Make York is putting a ten-pin bowling team together for the York Professionals bowling team. Join us! read all
As the city’s young professionals organisation, we want to be able to lobby on your behalf for the things... read all
Make York Drinks
Make York - Junior Lawyers Division joint drinks social.
Thursday 27th Jun 2013 - 18:00 | TBC | Free
Make York and the JLD join forces for social drinks to welcome the summer in style.
Make-York regularly reaches over 200 young York professionals who are interested in networking, advancing their career and making a difference to their city. They are dynamic, forward thinking and proactive.
Because Make-York is supported entirely by donated time and resources from its members we have a range of sponsorship opportunities for appropriate businesses who would like to reach our members.
If you are interested in sponsorship email us or have a chat at our next event.
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are a young professional in York who wants to join Make-York or help run it
- You are moving to the city and would like to know more about the young professional scene
- Your venue or organisation would like to host one of our events
- Your business would like to reach hundreds of young professionals through sponsorship
- You are from the media and would like to hear the views of young York professionals on regional issues